Must-Know Facts About 200cc Hero XPulse: With the official images for the Hero XPulse 200 released, some of the facts about the upcoming adventure bike from the World’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer have become clearer while some new facts have come to light as well.
This upcoming bike will be the successor to the Impulse 150 which, even though was a hit in the Indian market, has been discontinued in the country. The sales of the Impulse 150 was extremely low due to the under-powered engine of the bike.
Hero has sought to overcome this problem by bringing in their all-new 200cc engine powered bike which is likely to be priced under the Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) mark when launched. Here are 5 quick facts about the 200cc Hero xPulse:
1) Design & Style: The Hero XPulse 200 features a tall stance which stands out. Unlike most bikes, it has a large front wheel, and the headlamp is a classic round-shaped one and from the official images, it is clear that it would come equipped with LED DRLs. There is a luggage rack on the rear end of the Hero XPulse 200 for long-distance touring. The bike will feature a digital instrument cluster along with an engine kill switch.
2) Safety: The upcoming bike from Hero will possess a windscreen upfront and knuckle guards on the handlebars to protect the rider in case of a fall. For the lovers of off-roading, there is an added engine bash plate to protect the oil sump. Although there are disc brakes on both ends, it will also feature a single-channel ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System).
3) Engine and Transmission: The Hero XPulse 200 will have a 200cc single-cylinder air-cooled fuel-injected engine which will allow the bike to have a maximum power of 18.4 HP and a maximum torque figure of 17.1 Nm. This engine will be coupled with a 5-speed transmission. The engine on the XPulse 200 will be tuned differently from the one that will be there on the Xtreme 200R.
4) Wheels and Suspension: The upcoming bike will come equipped with a long-travel suspension with 190mm travel for the telescopic forks and a 21-inch wheel on the front end. The rear end of the bike will feature a long-travel suspension with 180mm travel for the monoshock suspension and a 19-inch rear wheel. This would result in an excellent ground clearance of 220mm.
5) Expected Price & Key Rivals: Hero xPulse 200 is expected to be priced around INR 1 lakh (ex-showroom) and at this price point, the bike has no direct rivals. The closest possible adventure bike in terms of price is Royal Enfield Himalayan @ INR 1.68 Lakh.